The South End Development
"The South End of Historic Downtown Norcross"
We are so excited about this new project redeveloping the "south end" of Downtown Norcross (South Peachtree Street)! The South End is a mixed restaurant, retail and entertainment district being developed by Western & Atlantic Development on the block of downtown between Antique Traditions and the 173 Carlyle House event venue. Not unlike Duluth's Parsons Alley, it will be home to several unique businesses, the first of which, The Rose and Hemp, opened in Fall 2021. More are soon to follow, with rooftop dining, food truck stalls, and even an outdoor movie screen all potentially in the works. A true community gathering space, The South End will activate this side of our downtown corridor.
Learn more: Project Website
- Love, Norcross: The first project kicking off "The South End", the Love, Norcross mural now bookends Downtown Norcross, sitting opposite of the "Greetings from Norcross" mural on Paizanos at the other end of South Peachtree.
- The Rose and Hemp: A small, family-owned CBD shop opened in Fall 2021 in the former Chalk It Up building
- B&W Burgers: The former B&W Auto Sales space is in the process of being converted to become B&W Burgers, which will offer street-level and rooftop dining. Expected to open Spring 2022.
- Butter & Cream: The Atlanta-favorite handcrafted, small-batch ice cream shop will be coming Spring 2022.
- Refugee Coffee Co.: Clarkston's Refugee Coffee Co. is opening a new location, this time in Norcross' The South End! No estimated time of opening as of yet, but we will post an update as soon as one's available.
- Hal Cofer's Station, The Tile Shop and The Engine Building: The former three-building storefront and machine repair shop that was located between B&W Auto Sales and the 173 Carlyle House have a long claim to Norcross' history! We're excited to see them repurposed, honoring their historic heritage, into spaces for retail, restaurants as well as an outdoor space for (according to rough conceptual plans) food trucks, outdoor seating, food stalls, string lights, a retractable fabric roof and an outdoor movie screen.
Individual businesses are rolling out at different times, beginning with The Rose and Hemp who opened in late 2021. Several plan to open in Spring 2022, so stay tuned!
Interested in joining The South End family? Take a peek at available space, then come chat with us!