CITY OF NORCROSS, GEORGIA
INVITATION FOR SEALED BIDS
FOR SALE OF GILES STREET RIGHT OF WAY AND
ABANDONMENT OF GILES STREET RIGHT OF WAY
SUBJECT TO CITY’S ACCEPTANCE OF HIGHEST BID
The City of Norcross, Georgia hereby issues this notice for sealed bids for the leasing of the following described property (hereinafter the “Subject Property”):
SUBJECT PROPERTY DESCRIPTION
The Giles Street Right of Way
All that tract or parcel of land lying and being in Land Lot 242, 6th District, City of Norcross, Gwinnett County, Georgia, being more particularly described as follows:
Beginning at the southwestern intersection of the right of way of Buford Highway (right of way varies) and the right of way of Giles Street (20 feet right of way), that is the point of beginning; thence leaving the right of way of Buford Highway and along the southwesterly right of way of Giles Street the following courses and distances: South 32°07'04" East a distance of 192.84 feet to a point; thence South 37°51'34" East a distance of 6.77 feet to a point; thence South 37°51'34" East a distance of 108.81 feet to a point; thence South 48°13'08" East a distance of 41.23 feet to a point; thence South 32°47'35" East a distance of 201.48 feet to a point; thence leaving said southwesterly right of way of Giles Street North 61°01'51" East a distance of 17.19 feet to a point located on the northeasterly right of way of Giles Street; thence along said northeasterly right of way of Giles Street the following courses and distances: North 32°22'28" West a distance of 205.16 feet to a point; thence North 48°13'08" West a distance of 42.07 feet to a point; thence North 37°51'34" West a distance of 107.12 feet to a point; thence North 37°51'34" West a distance of 0.55 feet to a point; thence North 31°52'44" West a distance of 201.05 feet to a point located on the southeasterly right of way of Buford Highway; thence along said right of way South 46°54'01" West a distance of 20.39 feet to a point, being the POINT OF BEGINNING. Said tract contains 0.238 Acres.
BIDS ARE DUE Tuesday January 21, 2020 at 10 a.m. Eastern Standard Time
Special Terms and Instructions:
- Bids should be submitted as a non-negotiable cash offer. The City will not negotiate after bids are opened, and the City will not accept contingencies.
- All Bids shall include an irrevocable letter of credit issued by a bank or savings and loan association, as defined in O.C.G.A. § 7-1-4 for the full amount of the bid.
- One (1) copy of the bid form must be fully signed and the required Affidavit must be submitted in a sealed envelope marked with the above parcel numbers and “Attention City Economic Development Director.”
- The Bid Package must be delivered on or before 10 a.m., EST, Tuesday January 21, 2020 to City Hall either by mail or hand delivery addressed to Norcross City Economic Development Director, City Hall, 2nd floor, 65 Lawrenceville Street, Norcross, GA 30071. Late bids will not be accepted.
- The Bid Proposal Form must be completely filled out. Do not leave any space blank.
- Bids shall be opened and publicly read on Tuesday January 21, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. in the City Council Meeting Room, 2nd floor, City Hall, 65 Lawrenceville Street, Norcross, GA 30091.
- Acceptance of the highest responsive, responsible bid shall be made in writing after approval by the Mayor and Council of the City of Norcross.
- The City reserves the right to reject any and all bids or to cancel the sale.
- A tabulation of the bids shall be made available for public inspection following the opening of all bids.
- All such bids shall be retained and will be made available for public inspection following the opening of all bids for a period of not less than 60 days following the date that bids are opened.
- All bids shall be irrevocable.
- No bids shall be contingent on obtaining financing.
- The Abandonment of the Giles Street Right of Way is conditioned on and subject to the City’s acceptance of the highest bid.
- The City is unaware of any wetlands or state water buffers on this site.
Inspection and Testing
- All prospective bidders shall be granted access to physically inspect, test, survey or conduct environmental testing on the Subject Property at least five (5) days prior to submitting bids after obtaining advance written approval from the Economic Development Director (William Corbin). All such testing shall be at the prospective bidder’s sole cost and expense.
- The City shall have the right to observe any testing, to take split samples.
- Each prospective bidder shall indemnify, defend and hold the City harmless from any and all damage to the land or any loss, claims, penalties, liabilities and costs resulting from any act or omission of any prospective bidder or their agents and subcontractors associated with inspection and testing on the Subject Property.
- If a prospective bidder conducts any such physical inspection and/or testing, bidder shall require its contractors and agents to maintain insurance coverage, including but not limited to workers’ compensation coverage; employers liability insurance of not less than $250,000 each occurrence; and General Liability and Automobile Insurance coverage of not less than $1,000,000.
- Closing will be within forty-five (45) days of acceptance of a bid by the City. Buyer will pay the full amount of the bid in cash at closing.
- The City will deliver the Subject Property to the selected bidder by quit claim deed.
- The selected bidder will pay all costs associated with Closing, including attorneys’ fees;
- The selected bidder shall be solely responsible for purchasing and obtaining title insurance.
- The selected bidder must pay by cashier’s check or wire transfer at closing.
The SALE shall be awarded to the highest responsible and responsive bidder whose bid meets the requirements and criteria set forth in the invitation for bids.
THE CITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS, INCLUDING THE HIGHEST BID, TO WAIVE INFORMALITIES IN BIDDING, AND TO READVERTISE THE BID FOR THE SUBJECT PROPERTY.
- Please address any questions concerning this sale, including requests to review relevant documents, to the City Economic Development Director, William Corbin.