October 23, 2021
Norcross 150th (Plus One) Birthday Celebration
Saturday, October 23, 2021
It’s our birthday!! A year overdue thanks to little you-know-who, our 150th (+1) Anniversary Celebration is finally here and we promise it will be worth the wait! Join us in a nod to our history as a baseball town as we take you out to Lillian Webb Park for a cracker jackin’ good time with the home team. Hope you can make it!
Press Release with Additional Details
150th (+1) Anniversary Celebration
Saturday, October 23
4 - 10 P.M.
Lillian Webb Park
Playing on the Big Screen
4:15 - 6 p.m. The Sandlot
6 p.m. + Live Sports Broadcast
Live on the Stage
6 - 7 p.m. The Network
7:30 - 9:30 p.m. New Soul Brigade
Fireworks Show @ 9:30 p.m.
Did You Know?
Lillian Webb Park was the site of the city’s original baseball field, where the Norcross Nuggets would play on Saturday afternoons. Norcross is said to have produced more professional baseball players per capita than any other town in the nation—four major leaguers came out of a town with a population of perhaps 1,000 and there were a host of minor leaguers as well! Roy Carlyle even hit a Guinness World Record home run.
Get oriented with this map of the festivity area! Please note the following:
- The main City Hall parking lot will be for vendor parking only.
- The lot to the side/back of City Hall will be for ADA parking. Staff will be available to shuttle ADA guests to the event area.
- Other city parking downtown will be open and available!
- The circle represents the Fallout Zone for fireworks. Barricades will be placed blocking access to all areas within the fallout radius during the fireworks show, and for a little bit of time before and after. For this limited period of time, cars will not be able to pass through Lawrenceville Street so please plan alternate routes.
- A small section of Britt Avenue and College Street will be closed throughout the event.