Red, White & Boom!
Date: Sunday, July 3rd
Time: 5:00 - 10:00 p.m.
Location: Lillian Webb Park & Downtown Norcross
The City of Norcross is throwing a pre-Fourth of July block party and you’re invited! Make your way to the heart of downtown historic Norcross on July 3 for food, fun and fireworks during the 2022 edition of Red White and BOOM! The good times start with a bang at 5 p.m. with a kids zone, festive face painting and an assortment of food vendors. For those looking to continue the fun and celebration, head over to one of Norcross’ local hotspots for live music and libations.
Please note: Absolutely no shade structures (tents or umbrellas) are allowed and will have to be dismantled. ADA parking will be available at City Hall and the Gwinnett County Public Library (Norcross Branch). City staff will be available to transport seniors or anyone needing assistance that day via golf carts.
Activities & Entertainment
- Band: The Party Crashers, Lillian Webb Park Stage
- DJ: DJ Suspense, The Crossing Parking Lot (South Peachtree Street)
- Kids Zone: Thrasher Park
- Fireworks: View anywhere downtown, though we recommend Lillian Webb Park! Fireworks kick off around 9:40 p.m., after sunset when it gets dark enough for prime viewing. Note, there is no access to the Fallout Zone (see map at bottom of this page) during the show or the 15 minutes before/after.
- Arts & Crafts Vendors: Jones Street and College Street
- Food Vendors: South Peachtree Street & a small section of Jones Street
Downtown Streets Close @ 2:00 p.m. (No Parking Downtown after 11:00 a.m.)
- Roads affected include: Buchanan Street, Jones Street/Park Drive, Thrasher Street, Wingo Street, South Peachtree Street, Skin Alley, College Street, Lawrenceville Street and Britt Avenue
- A section of College Street and Britt Avenue which fall in the Fireworks Fallout Zone will be closed all day (earlier than other streets)
- Lawrenceville Street past Mitchell Street will only be accessible for ADA traffic seeking to park at City Hall; it will be closed to all traffic west of City Hall
- Nearby roads that will be open: Holcomb Bridge Road, and roads named above west of Holcomb Bridge; North Peachtree Street, Buford Highway
- View the event map at the bottom of the page for visual reference
- Due to street closures, there will be no parking permitted downtown after 11 a.m.
- Exceptions are our two ADA Event Parking lots:
- Gwinnett County Public Library (Norcross Branch) Parking Deck | Access off Britt Avenue via Buford Highway
- City Hall Parking Lot | Access off Lawrenceville Street via Mitchell Road
- Staff will be available to transport seniors or anyone needing assistance via golf carts.
- Event Parking will be available at two
nearby designated churches:
- One Heart Church | 706 N Peachtree Street, Norcross, GA 30071
- Norcross First United Methodist Church | 2500 Beaver Ruin Road, Norcross, GA 30071
- A complimentary shuttle will run continuously to drop-off points at Thrasher and Lillian Webb Parks (pictured on map at bottom of page).
- Restrooms are available and designated on the event map below.
- Norcross Presbyterian Church will be Red, White & BOOM!'s official first aid/lost child location.
- Open containers are allowed within barricaded areas only. Glass is NOT ALLOWED.
- Please be mindful of other guests by not blocking the view. Tents and umbrellas are NOT ALLOWED.
- Norcross's railroad is an active crossing location. Train tracks are NOT ALLOWED firework viewing. Do not place chairs or otherwise sit on the banks of the tracks at any time.
- Buford Highway is a busy road, please use the crosswalks at Mitchell and Holcomb Bridge for your safety and that of passing traffic.