Big News! We are launching a brand new website in January 2022! This will include enhanced navigation, a vibrant new look, as well as an all-new notification system meant to simplify how you get your information. The new site design is based on a year of research and development, including analytics from the past 3 years of NorcrossGa.net site data, a community-wide survey, one-on-one meetings between a consultant and our city departments, as well as the best practices and expertise of our contracted web vendor, the government-specific web company CivicPlus. We are so excited to share it with you! In the meantime, here’s what you need to know:
1. The site will be organized by you, our audience. The main tabs will become Residents, Business, Government, Experience Norcross and Resources. Information, forms, services and more pertinent to each audience type or topic can easily be found under these tabs.
2. But that’s not all! Our homepage will have an all-new “Quick Access” section at the top with links to the most commonly visited and requested content from our old site.
3. If you are currently signed up to receive alerts from the city website (Notify Me/News Flash), your subscriptions will be transferred to the new notification platform (CivicReady), and you won’t need to do anything else to receive alerts! However, we do have a few new categories that will allow you to customize specific alerts you are interested in receiving, so if you would like to modify your subscription simply visit norcrossga.net/signup
4. If you are currently signed up for Police Nixle alerts, we are unfortunately unable to transfer
subscriber data to the new platform. Please visit norcrossga.net/signup
and subscribe to the Traffic and/or Emergency categories of our new platform, CivicReady!
5. We will still be using Constant Contact, so subscribers who receive emails about weekly
events, the monthly digital newsletter and Economic Development updates will not be affected by this transition.
6. We are getting an app!! CivicReady has a resident app where you can view notifications, and sign up to receive push notifications for alerts to your mobile device (note: this is not the same as an SMS alert). More information about the app will be rolling out in January with our launch, and will be found at norcrossga.net/signup
Please note: You will continue to receive notifications through your current platform until January 2022. You will be notified when we make the switch to the new platform.