We are launching a brand new notifications system in January 2022, called CivicReady! This will allow the city to streamline communications with our community, simplifying how you get information from us.
Here’s what you need to know:
- If you are currently signed up to receive alerts from the city website ("Notify Me" or "News Flash"), your subscriptions will be transferred to the new notification platform and you won’t need to do anything else to receive alerts! However, we do have a few new categories that will allow you to customize specific alerts you are interested in receiving, so if you would like to modify your subscription simply click the green "Modify or Unsubscribe" button at the bottom of the CivicReady Signup page.
- If you are currently signed up for Police Nixle alerts, we are unfortunately unable to transfer subscriber data to the new platform. You will need to subscribe to our new platform, CivicReady, and select the Traffic and/or Emergency categories! (Note: If you were signed up for both city website alerts and Nixle alerts, you will have an account from us transferring your website alert subscription, and just need to "Modify" you account to add the Traffic and/or Emergency categories.)
- We will still be using Constant Contact, so subscribers who receive emails about weekly events, the monthly digital newsletter and Economic Development updates will not be affected by this transition.
Note: You will continue to receive notifications through your current platform until January 2022. You will be notified when we make the switch to the new platform. If you are not already signed up and wish to receive alerts from us BEFORE January 2022, subscribe here for website Notify Me alerts and here for Police Nixle alerts. Again, these platforms will only issue alerts through the end of 2021, at which time we will be switching to CivicReady and you will need to follow steps 1 & 2 above.
For Emergency & Routine City Alerts
In order to make sure our citizens are safe and informed, the City of Norcross uses the CivicReady mass notification system for our citizens to receive emergency and routine notifications. You have the ability to customize your notification preferences; communication can be received through email, text and/or phone call according to your selections and based on address locations that you specify. The information you provide is confidential and will not be shared.
Stay updated on the following topics through CivicReady:
- Emergency Alerts, including local threats, public health, etc.
- General Notifications, including city closures, technical difficulties, property tax reminders, fireworks and other noise-related alerts, etc.
- Board & Council Updates, including special called meetings, cancellations, vacancies, etc.
- Elections, including important dates, reminders and results
- Event Updates, including cancellations, major changes, fireworks, event-related traffic information, etc.
- Norcross Power, including outage alerts and updates
- Norcross Sanitation, including route delays and other reminders
- Traffic Alerts, including road/lane closures, expected delays due to construction and/or filming, etc.
For City Newsletters:
The City of Norcross has several regular newsletters that we publish through Constant Contact:
Weekly Events Eblast | Subscribe Here
This eblast goes out each Monday teasing the "Events for the Week Ahead." Seasonal lineups and major events (i.e., the city's Red, White & Boom! Celebration) may also be sent out as standalone blasts periodically.
Digital Monthly Newsletter | Subscribe Here
Each month, the city produces a printed newsletter that mails out to utility customers. This eblast subscription allows others to also receive the newsletter in an electronic version on the first of each month, in English and Spanish.
Economic Development Newsletter | Subscribe Here
This eblast is sent periodically by the city's Economic Development Department to current and prospective local business owners seeking news and updates about local business opportunities, grant information, etc.