Two trees in Thrasher Park are scheduled for removal due to fungal disease which has caused decay in the structural root plate and critical root zone of both trees. Department of Public Works, Utilities and Parks employed an International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist who is Tree Risk Assessment Qualified to conduct an ISA Level 3 360-degree ground-based Advanced Tree Risk Assessment of both trees, including Resistograph readings.
Both trees were assessed with a HIGH risk rating, based on condition of the trees (POOR), probability of failure (LIKELY), and consequences of failure (SEVERE). Both trees are recommended for immediate removal.
The trees are scheduled for removal on Wednesday, February 3 and Thursday, February 4. Temporary road closures will occur while the trees are being removed.
- Park Drive closed from N. Peachtree to Buchanan Street:
- Starting Wednesday, 2/3, at 9:00 a.m. until removal of tree adjacent to Park Drive is complete.
- N. Peachtree closed from Park Drive to Buchanan Street:
- Beginning Wednesday after Park Drive is re-opened and
- Thursday, 2/4, from 9:00 a.m. until removal of tree adjacent to N. Peachtree is complete.
In support of the City’s commitment to maintaining our beautiful tree canopy, new trees will be planted after removal.
If you are interested in reading the full report, please contact Meryl Wilkerson, email@example.com, and a copy will be emailed to you.