The city is hosting its annual pre-Fourth of July block party (Red, White & BOOM!) on Sunday, July 3rd. The event will include several road closures, as well as fireworks. Please be advised that residents may need to plan alternate routes and/or make preparations for animals and others sensitive to loud noises.
Downtown Streets Close @ 2:00 p.m. (No Parking Downtown After 11:00 a.m.)
- Roads affected include: Buchanan Street, Jones Street, Thrasher Street, Wingo Street, South Peachtree Street, Skin Alley, College Street, Lawrenceville Street and Britt Avenue
- A section of College Street and Britt Avenue which fall in the Fireworks Fallout Zone will be closed all day (earlier than other streets)
- Lawrenceville Street past Mitchell Street will only be accessible for ADA traffic seeking to park at City Hall; it will be closed to all traffic west of City Hall
- Nearby roads that will be open: Holcomb Bridge Road, and roads named above west of Holcomb Bridge; North Peachtree Street, Buford Highway
- View the event map at the bottom of the page for visual reference
Fireworks kick off around 9:40 p.m., after sunset when it gets dark enough for prime viewing. The show typically lasts about 20 minutes. Please note, there is no access to the Fallout Zone (see map at bottom of this page) during the show or the 15 minutes before/after.
For more event information, visit the Red, White & BOOM! webpage.