The Norcross Police Department is a full service municipal law enforcement agency, which was formed in 1870 with the appointment of night watchmen required by the city charter. From the late 1940s to the early 1960s, the city offices and police department consisted of three rooms and a jail cell. In the latter part of the 1970s however, the city offices and police department moved to a vacant post office building on Lawrenceville Street.
With added city services and additional personnel, the city began a comprehensive renovation of city hall in 2000 by adding a second story and a new façade. In 2001, the renovation was completed and the city and police staff occupied the new City Hall Complex.
The Norcross Police Department works closely with the community to identify concerns and implement solutions relating to issues within the community because the success of accomplishing positive community relations and successful crime prevention programs is a shared responsibility by all members of our police department.
Please help us to maintain quality service by completing our Customer Satisfaction Survey.